Movie Review: Love, Rosie (2014)

Hey hey hey today’s topic is movie review. So I have to review a film I’ve ever watched. I chose the film called Love, Rosie.


"No matter where you are or what you doing, or who you with, I will always honestly truly completely love you like a sister loves a brother, and a friend loves a friend. I will always stand guard over your dreams, Alex. No matter how weird or twisted they get”

Source: Here
The synopsis

Two English Rosie Dunne (Lily Collins) and Alex Stewart (Sam Claflin) have been friends since they were in elementary school. One day Alex falls in love with Rosie. On Rosie’s 17th birthday, Alex kisses her but Rosie doesn’t notice because Rosie passes out. Alex and Rosie decide to go to North America together. Rosie can’t go because she is pregnant with Greg (Christian Cooke). Alex goes to Harvard University and doesn’t know Rosie is pregnant.

One day Rosie gives birth to Katie. Alex knows everything from Bethany. He goes back to England and leaves his girlfriend Sally. Rosie gets married with Greg. Rosie has a dream. She wants to build her own hotel because her daddy is just a doorman. She finally can build her own hotel. It’s because she has to make something new in her life for her family after her dad passed away. Before she builds her hotel, she goes to Alex and Bethany wedding. Fortunately, Alex comes to the opening party and tells Rosie that Alex and Bethany can’t be together anymore. 


Source: youtube
The review

Well Love, Rosie is my favourite film in 2014 not only because the main character is Lily Collins (she is my woman crush) but also the story is easy to understand for people who don’t like romance dramas. The first time I watched it, I fell in love with their English accent as you already know I love the accent haha. I love how Rosie struggles in her life to raise her daughter with no husband, how she can face so many problems, her husband cheated on her, the death of her daddy, her best friend told her that her daughter will not be happy because she grows up only with mummy, her friends underestimate her because she works as a cleaning service in a hotel, she saw her crush married with her enemy.

Even though I know the film will be happy ending, I was curious to watch the film because it was in the box office Hollywood in 2014. I didn’t get bored during the film. It was nice to watch such a great film as Love, Rosie. The film released on October 22 2014 and it is directed by Christian Ditter.

Source: Here

By the way this film is adapted from a famous novel When Rainbows end by Cecelia Ahern. I have finished reading it but I am going to read it again when I’m not so busy. The moral value of the film is we should be who we are. In a scene of the film, Rosie said that Rosie and Alex should talk like English people even tho they are in America at that time. We also should not be ashamed with what we got in our lives and also we have to try and work hard to get what we want and what we dream of.

I recommend you to watch the film and read the book. You will love the film and the book as I love them so much. It’s the best movie in 2014.

See you soon, god be with ye J

4 comments:

  1. i think you got a lil' typo in the first line, bil. You wrote 'move' but should be 'movie'.
    okee over all. great writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah haha i'm sorry.
      I'll edit it later. thanks annisa ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi bila,you know I was like frustated watching this movie, and keep wondering why do they take a long time to realize that actually they have the same feeling the same love in their heart :D
    Sam Claflin is absolutely awesome (I'm fainted), and Lily Collins's (my twin sister :D ) so beautiful, she could make the character of Rosie alive.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i am too hahaha. Thank you mega

      p.s lily collins is my woman crush, she is gorg

      Delete